Thursday, March 14, 2013

Adult Classes


The First Pillow


A Second
 Pillow


A Beautiful Bag Was Made Too!



The Cutest Quilt In The World!



A Little Hand Embroidery Makes It Better


Did you know that Alberta Art Classes has offerings for adults as well? We are also open to bartering services, being Pay What You Can Afford and all...

I am presently bartering ukulele lessons for sewing lessons. My student started with a small quilt style pillow in which I cut the squares and helped her along. The first pillow is that cute green number!

The next week, another pillow was in order for a gift. This time, she did nearly all of the work herself with only moderate supervision. The company is nice too. Like a Sewing Circle.

All of that sewing inspired me. I pulled out some cute Liberty of London fabric I have been saving, clearly for this project...I stitched this quick baby quilt. It came together like a breeze. I took this as sign that this will be a good, well behaved babykins. I wasn't too worried about perfection in this case, as it will have lots of spit up and the like on it. I wanted the new mama to be able to throw it into the washer and not have to be too fussy about it. I like it. I think it came out really cute.

1 comment:

  1. What a lovely (new to me) blog! I hope you are well, dear friend. I see you have not posted in nearly a year, but as I am in a similar boat, I hold out hope that you are well, just busy with life. If you don't mind, please let me know how you are? I haven't been in blogland much, but your posts are always a joy… beautiful artistry and words. xo xo xo

    ReplyDelete